Lamb and courgette skewers with yoghurt mint dressing
Time to make: 25 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 8 pre-soaked long wooden skewers (or 12 short)
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 2 extra teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 extra teaspoon
- 500g lamb leg steaks, cut in 2cm chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in 1cm rounds
- oil spray
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 100g store-bought oil-free roasted capsicum, drained, sliced
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup couscous
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 To make marinade, combine 1 teaspoon of the mint, and the first measures of lemon juice and olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb and stir to coat. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Prepare couscous as per packet instructions. Fluff with a fork, then cool for 10 minutes.
3 Thread lamb, tomatoes and courgette alternately on prepared skewers. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Spray skewers with oil. Grill skewers, turning, for 5-6 minutes or until lightly charred or cooked to your liking.
4 Meanwhile, place cannellini beans, rocket and roasted capsicum in a large bowl. Add extra lemon juice and olive oil and toss to combine. Combine yoghurt and remaining dried mint in a small bowl. Serve lamb and courgette skewers with rocket salad and a drizzle of the yoghurt mint dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use rice instead of couscous and check yoghurt is gluten free.
Make leftovers into lunch! Remove meat and veges from skewers and add extra rocket leaves to make a hearty salad.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us