Lamb and courgette skewers with yoghurt mint dressing
- 8 pre-soaked long wooden skewers (or 12 short)
- 1 ½teaspoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 2 extra teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 extra teaspoon
- 500g lamb leg steaks, cut in 2cm chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, cut in 1cm rounds
- spray oil
- 420g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 100g store-bought oil-free roasted capsicum, drained, sliced
- ⅓ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup couscous
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make marinade, combine 1 teaspoon of the mint, and the first measures of lemon juice and olive oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb and stir to coat. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Prepare couscous as per packet instructions. Fluff with a fork, then cool for 10 minutes.
3 Thread lamb, tomatoes and courgette alternately on prepared skewers. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue on high. Spray skewers with oil. Grill skewers, turning, for 5-6 minutes or until lightly charred or cooked to your liking.
4 Meanwhile, place cannellini beans, rocket and roasted capsicum in a large bowl. Add extra lemon juice and olive oil and toss to combine. Combine yoghurt and remaining dried mint in a small bowl. Serve lamb and courgette skewers with rocket salad and a drizzle of the yoghurt mint dressing.
Make it gluten free: Use rice instead of couscous and check yoghurt is gluten free.
Make leftovers into lunch! Remove meat and veges from skewers and add extra rocket leaves to make a hearty salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.