Barbecued butternut and lamb saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 200g butternut squash, in 1cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and cut in 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 250g lamb leg steaks
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 50g crumbled feta
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high. Spray butternut and capsicum with oil, sprinkle with smoked paprika and cook on the grill until tender (about 8-10 minutes). Alternatively, roast veges in a hot oven until tender.
- Cook lamb steaks on the grill until medium-rare (about 2 minutes each side). Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine pomegranate molasses, sesame oil and lemon juice. Add roasted vegetables, lamb and rocket. Mix gently to combine.
- To serve, divide salad between 2 plates, drizzled with any meat juices and with feta sprinkled over.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Find pomegranate molasses at specialty grocery stores.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $84. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information