Lamb and vegetable tagine with mint couscous
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500g lamb rump, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 2 small parsnips, coarsely chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 1 cup wholewheat couscous
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
1 Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole over medium–high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add lamb and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
2 Add carrot, capsicum, parsnip and tomatoes to pan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover pan and simmer for 30 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
3 Meanwhile prepare couscous according to packet instructions. Separate grains with a fork; stir through chopped mint. Scatter lamb tagine with almonds and serve with mint couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.