Lentil and ginger stew
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (see tip)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- large handful baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and carrots and cook for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Add ginger and lentils. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add stock and coconut milk. Cover and bring to the boil.
2 Remove half the mixture and use a stick blender or food processor to blend. Return blended mixture to pan then stir in spinach. Divide among four bowls and scatter over almonds and coriander. Serve.
Make it gluten free Check the stock is gluten free
- Add crushed garlic to the pan with the ginger
- Replace coconut milk with the same quantity of trim milk and add an extra spoonful of sliced almonds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.