Laura’s Mediterranean chickenReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken pieces, bone in, skin removed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with basil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons black pitted olives
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 Brown onion and garlic in oil in a non-stick pan, then place in the slow cooker.
2 Brown chicken pieces in the remaining oil, using a little oil spray if necessary. Place in slow cooker with all the remaining ingredients except basil. Mix well.
3 Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Adjust seasoning. Serve with couscous. Garnish with basil.
Make it gluten free: Check your sun-dried tomato pesto and canned tomatoes are gluten-free variaties.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information