Lemon and garlic chicken with quinoa tabouli
Time to make: 35 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus extra 1 tablespoon and lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup (190g) quinoa
- 2 cups trimmed, sliced green beans
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra 8 large mint leaves, to garnish
- oil spray
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Combine lemon juice, garlic and wine in a shallow non-metallic container. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
2 Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a large saucepan with 1 3/4 cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low. Cover saucepan and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water has completely evaporated. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
3 Place beans in a microwave-proof dish and microwave for 1 minute. Add beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint and extra lemon juice to quinoa bowl.
4 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Drain chicken of excess marinade and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
5 Divide quinoa tabouli among serving plates. Top with chicken, garnish with mint and serve with a lemon wedge.