Hot smoked salmon salad with wasabi dressing
- 1 large corn sweetcornXcob, husks and silks removed
- 150g bag baby spinach with chopped kale salad mix
- 1 bunch radishes (5 radishes), trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 200g packet frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 2 x 150g portions hot smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup wasabi peas, to serve (optional)
- Wasabi dressing
- 200g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1–2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1 Heat a barbecue hotplate or chargrill pan or over high heat. Cook the corn cob, turning, for 5–7 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a plate. When cool enough to handle, cut corn kernels from cob. Discard cob.
2 Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the ingredients. Set aside.
3 Combine the salad mix, radish, avocado, edamame, corn and the salmon on a serving platter. Drizzle salad with wasabi dressing. Serve scattered with the chilli, sspring onion and the wasabi peas, if using.
Wasabi peas add crunchy texture and a delicious kick of spicy flavour to this salad. You can find them in the nut aisle at your supermarket
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.7g
–Saturated fat 2.8g
Dietary fibre 6.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.