Lemon chilli chicken with kumara wedges and avocado smash
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 700g kumarasweet-potatoX, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra drizzle
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 cups watercress
- 30g flaked almonds
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Place half the kumara in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat with remaining wedges. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place kumara and drizzle with a little oil. Cook for 25 minutes, turning several times.
- Meanwhile, lay chicken breasts on a large sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle over half the chilli flakes, lemon zest and half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with another piece of baking paper. Use a rolling pin to flatten the chicken until it is about 5mm thick.
- In a griddle or frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook for about 6-7 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked and lightly golden.
- In a bowl, mash avocado. Add half the lemon juice, remaining chilli and a little pepper and stir to combine. In another bowl, combine watercress, almonds and remaining lemon juice.
- Serve chicken with wedges, smashed avocado and watercress salad. Garnish with extra chilli flakes if you like.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap kumara for potato and reduce serve of avocado to one eighth.
The chicken can be flavoured in advance and kept in the fridge before cooking for a more intense flavour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us