Pea, ricotta and mushroom risotto
- spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups field mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 2 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock, heated
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- 2 cups minted peas, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil. When hot add onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
2 Combine stock and water then add 1/2 cup this stock mix to rice and stir until absorbed. Repeat for 15-20 minutes until all but 1/3 cup stock mix is used. Add peas, tarragon, parmesan and remainder of stock mix. Stir for 2-3 minutes until peas are cooked through.
3 Stir through ricotta and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.