Pea, ricotta and mushroom risottoReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups field mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 2 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock, heated
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- 2 cups minted peas, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil. When hot add onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
2 Combine stock and water then add 1/2 cup this stock mix to rice and stir until absorbed. Repeat for 15-20 minutes until all but 1/3 cup stock mix is used. Add peas, tarragon, parmesan and remainder of stock mix. Stir for 2-3 minutes until peas are cooked through.
3 Stir through ricotta and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information