Lentil and ricotta eggplant parmigiana
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 large eggplantaubergineXs
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 4 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut each eggplant lengthways into four flat 1cm-thick slices. Lightly spray both sides of each slice with olive oil. Place on the prepared tray and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat half of the olive oil over medium heat. Gently fry onion and celery for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add cumin and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and lentils. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thick. Season with cracked black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, basil and half of the parmesan.
- Top each eggplant slice with 1/8 of the lentil mixture, then top with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Return to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. In a salad bowl, toss rocket with balsamic vinegar and the remaining oil. Serve eggplant parmigiana with rocket salad.
Make it gluten free: Check cumin is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us