Moroccan-spiced steak with eggplant and tomato salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 200g beef porterhouse steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for dressing
- 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 large wholemeal Lebanese breads, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup small fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
1 Drizzle steaks with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with the seasoning. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 2—3 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove steaks from pan, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest. Slice thinly just before serving.
2 Cook eggplant on heated grill pan until browned and tender. Cook bread on heated grill plate until charred and warmed.
3 Meanwhile combine half the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, grilled eggplant and half the mint. Toss to combine.
4 Combine yoghurt and the remaining lemon juice in a small bowl. Place bread on serving plates. Top with salad and thinly sliced steak. Drizzle with yoghurt sauce and garnish with the remaining mint.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flatbread and check seasoning and Greek yoghurt are gluten free.
Marinated (uncooked) beef is suitable to freeze.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.