Lime and chilli chicken with wilted greens
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed chilli
- 500g chicken tenderloins, fat trimmed
- spray oil
- 2 bunches bok choy, trimmed or 4 cups silver beet, chopped
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 4 cups steamed basmati rice
1 Combine lime juice, mirin, soy sauce and chilli in a small bowl. Place chicken in a shallow, non-metallic container and pour over half the marinade (reserve the remaining marinade). Stir to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2 Place a large non-stick frying pan or chargrill pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Drain chicken of excess marinade (discard this marinade) then cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, steam bok choy and snow peas until tender-crisp. To serve, divide rice among serving bowls. Top with greens, chicken and drizzle with a little reserved marinade. Serve with lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.