Lamb burgers with kumara fritters and silver beet
(at time of publication)
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- spray oil
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX (800g), grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch silver beet (180g or 4 cups), stems off, leaves torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 In a large bowl mix mince, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin and fresh herbs together with 1 egg. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Use hands to mix.
2 Shape in 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3 Heat a barbecue with a little oil. Cook burger patties, turning, until cooked through.
4 While burgers are cooking, make fritters. Mix grated kumara, chilli, mint, salt and pepper and remaining 2 eggs together. Use hands to shape fritters and place on a hot barbecue. Cook until browned and cooked through.
5 Spray a pan with a little oil and cook silver beet until softened. Serve burgers on fritters with silver beet and tomatoes on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.