Lamb burgers with kumara fritters and silver beet
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- oil spray
- 2 kumarasweet-potatoX (800g), grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 bunch silver beet (180g or 4 cups), stems off, leaves torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 In a large bowl mix mince, garlic, onion, paprika, cumin and fresh herbs together with 1 egg. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Use hands to mix.
2 Shape in 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3 Heat a barbecue with a little oil. Cook burger patties, turning, until cooked through.
4 While burgers are cooking, make fritters. Mix grated kumara, chilli, mint, salt and pepper and remaining 2 eggs together. Use hands to shape fritters and place on a hot barbecue. Cook until browned and cooked through.
5 Spray a pan with a little oil and cook silver beet until softened. Serve burgers on fritters with silver beet and tomatoes on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us