- oil spray
- 500g venison medallions or cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 bouquet garni
- 330ml beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
1 Heat a frying pan with a little oil spray and brown venison in batches. Add meat to the slow cooker with flour and toss to coat evenly.
2 Wipe pan and add a little oil spray. Cook garlic and onions until soft. Add to slow cooker.
3 Add the remaining ingredients – adding stock last. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
Serve with fresh parsley and crusty bread.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us