Mediterranean stuffed beef rolls
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 25 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- few sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup black olives, chopped
- squeeze lemon
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 peppadew peppersbell peppersX, chopped
- dash of Tuscan seasoning
- 8 thin slices (around 85g per slice, 680g in total) beef schnitzel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brush beef)
- 8 x cocktail sticks
- To serve
- 600g baby carrots
- 600g baby beetrootbeetsX
- oil spray
- 1.2kg (about 15) baby potatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Heat 1 1/2 cups water with thyme or rosemary until boiling. Add quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, blitz the remaining stuffing ingredients in a processor, reserving a little feta cheese, until chopped finely.
2 Put potatoes and baby veges on a baking tray, spray with oil and cook for 30 minutes, re-spraying halfway through cooking.
3 Place quinoa in a bowl and add blitzed ingredients. Mix well. Season with Tuscan seasoning. Place the thin pieces of beef on a board and divide the filling between them. Roll up and secure with a cocktail stick. Brush with oil.
4 Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with roasted baby vegetables, balsamic dressing and the reserved feta cheese.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us