Mediterranean stuffed beef rollsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- few sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- ½ cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup basil leaves, torn
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- squeeze lemon
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 peppadew peppersbell peppersX, chopped
- dash of Tuscan seasoning
- 8 thin slices (around 85g per slice, 680g in total) beef schnitzel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to brush beef)
- 8 x cocktail sticks
- To serve
- 600g baby carrots
- 600g baby beetrootbeetsX
- spray oil
- 1.2kg (about 15) baby potatoes
- ½ cup balsamic dressing (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Heat 1 1/2 cups water with thyme or rosemary until boiling. Add quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, blitz the remaining stuffing ingredients in a processor, reserving a little feta cheese, until chopped finely.
2 Put potatoes and baby veges on a baking tray, spray with oil and cook for 30 minutes, re-spraying halfway through cooking.
3 Place quinoa in a bowl and add blitzed ingredients. Mix well. Season with Tuscan seasoning. Place the thin pieces of beef on a board and divide the filling between them. Roll up and secure with a cocktail stick. Brush with oil.
4 Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with roasted baby vegetables, balsamic dressing and the reserved feta cheese.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information