Grilled chicken with macadamia, basil and parsley pesto
(at time of publication)
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh basil
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g potatoes, peeled, cut in 1cm slices
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups chargrilled vegetables such as sliced courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, red capsicum, asparagus, mushrooms
1 To make pesto, place basil, parsley, parmesan, nuts and garlic in a food processor. Blend until chopped.
2 With the motor running, slowly add olive oil and process until smooth. Add 3-4 tablespoons warm water to reach a fairly smooth consistency. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3 Steam potato slices for 5 minutes in microwave until tender. Set aside.
4 Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to medium-high. Spray chicken with oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through, sprinkling with lemon juice as the chicken cooks. Add potatoes to grill or pan and toss to brown.
5 Slice chicken and serve stacked on top of potato. Spoon pesto over chicken and potato. Serve with chargrilled vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information