(at time of publication)
- 200g dried thin noodles
- 3 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 9 large cloves (about 1 bulb) garlic, crushed
- 300g tofu, cubed
- 2 large carrots, cut in thin strips
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally in 2cm lengths
- white or black pepper, to season
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- ¼ cup raw cashew nuts (optional)
1 Cook noodles following packet directions until al dente. Once cooked, drain and roughly cut in smaller lengths for easier handling. Stir kecap manis and soy sauce through noodles.
2 Heat oil in a wok or a large frying pan. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Add tofu, carrots and spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes then sprinkle with pepper. Add cabbage and cook for 2 more minutes.
3 Add noodles and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with crushed cashews (if using). Garnish with fresh coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use rice noodles, and replace soy sauce and kecap manis with a gluten-free tamari sauce. And make sure the tofu is gluten free, too.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information