Rainbow Thai noodles with pad Thai sauce
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 cup (120g) raw prawns, thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g rice noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned or peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh basil, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped almonds or peanuts, to serve
- Pad Thai sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha, or to your taste
- 2 tablespoons apple ciderhard ciderX or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup water
1 Spray a frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Cook prawns, turning, for 2 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside.
2 Return pan to heat and add half of the sesame oil. Add eggs and swirl around pan to make a thin omelette. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside. When cool, roughly slice.
3 Prepare rice noodles according to packet instructions. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients.
4 Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining sesame oil. Add spring onions, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and capsicum and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add noodles, carrot, tomatoes and chilli flakes and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add sauce, stirring. Add omelette and prawns back to pan. Toss.
5 To serve, divide noodles between 2 plates, garnished with basil, peanuts and, if desired, extra chilli flakes.
Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce, sriracha and cider vinegar are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information