Thai green pea blender soup
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- extra fresh mint leaves, peas, sliced chilli, fried onion, toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve (optional)
1 In a large blender or food processor place peas, onions, coconut milk and ½ cup water and blend mixture until almost smooth.
2 Add baby spinach and fresh mint with half of the stock, and blend mixture until smooth.
3 In a large heavy-based pan set over medium, heat olive oil and add Thai green curry paste. Cook for 30 seconds. Add pea mixture and the remaining stock. Cook, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
4 Divide the soup among four bowls. Top with extra mint leaves, peas, sliced chilli, fried onions and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Add a swirl of yoghurt, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry paste are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Check vegetable stock is vegan and omit yoghurt.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us