Thai green pea blender soup
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup light coconut milk (we used Trident)
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- extra fresh mint leaves, peas, sliced chilli, fried onion, toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve (optional)
1 In a large blender or food processor place peas, onions, coconut milk and ½ cup water and blend mixture until almost smooth.
2 Add baby spinach and fresh mint with half of the stock, and blend mixture until smooth.
3 In a large heavy-based pan set over medium, heat olive oil and add Thai green curry paste. Cook for 30 seconds. Add pea mixture and the remaining stock. Cook, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
4 Divide the soup among four bowls. Top with extra mint leaves, peas, sliced chilli, fried onions and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Add a swirl of yoghurt, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and curry paste are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Check vegetable stock is vegan and omit yoghurt.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.