Mini raw carrot cakes
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup mixed nuts (cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds)
- 3 cups grated carrot (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- ½ cup thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- zest of orange and ½ orange, to garnish (or use crystallised ginger)
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, place first six ingredients and blend until mixture can be pressed together to form a ball.
- Line a baking tray or dish with plastic wrap. Press carrot mixture into tray, cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When chilled and firm, cut out rounds from carrot mixture using a small glass or cookie cutter (about 5cm diameter), until all mixture is used up.
- When ready to serve, place a small dollop of yoghurt on top of each cake. Garnish with orange zest.
Make it vegan: Use coconut yoghurt.
Make it nut free: Use sunflower seeds instead of nuts
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.