Oaty apple and berry slice
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup oat bran
- ¾ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cup (160ml) canola or sunflower oil
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 medium apples, skin on, cored, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar, for dusting
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm slice tin with baking paper.
2 Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk oil, yoghurt and egg together then add to dry ingredients. Mix well.
3 Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of prepared tin. Sprinkle with apples, berries then the remaining mix.
4 Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in tin before turning out and cutting. Dust with a little icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information