Oregano-rubbed steaks with salsa verde
- 600g desiree potatoes, cut in 2cm slices
- oil spray
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g lean sirloin steak, trimmed
- Salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 4 cups barbecued vegetables (such as asparagus and tomatoes)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Steam or microwave potatoes for 5-8 minutes until tender. Transfer to a baking tray, spray with oil and roast for 20 minutes until crisp.
2 Combine oregano, oil and garlic in a shallow bowl. Add steak and cover with mixture. Allow to marinate.
3 Meanwhile, to make salsa verde, combine all salsa ingredients but only half the lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
4 Heat a large frying pan or barbecue grill to a high heat. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Add remaining lemon juice to pan and set aside. Cover loosely with tinfoil.
5 Thickly slice steak and serve with salsa verde, potatoes and steamed veges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us