Smoky eggplant dipReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 eggplantaubergineXs (800g)
- oil spray
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan or Moroccan seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or coriandercilantroX
1 Pierce eggplants’ skin and spray with oil. Cook under a hot grill until skin is crispy and flesh collapses. When cool discard skin and chop flesh.
2 Mix flesh with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Use a stick blender or food processor to process until smooth. Add tomato, seasoning and parsley. Season to taste. Serve chilled.
Crackers and/or dippable veges such as spring onions, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, mini carrots celery sticks
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning.
- Once you have made up this dip, it is important to taste and then adjust the seasoning. Check seasoning again before serving.
- This dip is best eaten within 4 hours of making.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information