Smoky eggplant dip
(at time of publication)
- 2 eggplantaubergineXs (800g)
- oil spray
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan or Moroccan seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or coriandercilantroX
1 Pierce eggplants’ skin and spray with oil. Cook under a hot grill until skin is crispy and flesh collapses. When cool discard skin and chop flesh.
2 Mix flesh with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Use a stick blender or food processor to process until smooth. Add tomato, seasoning and parsley. Season to taste. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
Crackers and/or dippable veges such as spring onions, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, mini carrots celery sticks
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning.
- Once you have made up this dip, it is important to taste and then adjust the seasoning. Check seasoning again before serving.
- This dip is best eaten within 4 hours of making.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us