Turmeric fish curry
- 1 tablespoon coriandercilantroX seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets, cut into large pieces
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup fish stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 250g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach, to serve
1 Dry fry coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and pepper in a small frying pan for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Crush with a mortar and pestle, and then transfer to a small food processor. Add garlic, chillies and ginger, then blend to form a spice paste.
2 Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add pieces of fish and cook for 1 minute per side, or until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Heat remaining oil in the same frying pan. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add spice paste and stir for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
4 Add stock, lime leaves, lemon juice and fish sauce to frying pan with 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Return fish to pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until fish cooks through.
5 Meanwhile cook broccoli and peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until tender, yet crisp. Drain.
6 Top rice with fish and broth. Garnish with coriander and serve with broccoli, peas and spinach.
Make it gluten free: Check spices and fish sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like