Creamy mustard and leek chicken with wholemeal couscous
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and very finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 5 teaspoons English mustard
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 400g white mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons (80g) Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, add leek and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft.
2 Add chicken and mustards to the pan, cook for around 5 minutes, allowing the chicken to lightly brown all over.
3 Meanwhile, just cover the couscous with boiling water in a bowl, cover and leave to soak.
4 Add the mushrooms to the chicken and cook for 2-3minutes, stirring from time to time. Add peas and 1/2 cup water and cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through.
5 Add Philadelphia light cream for cooking, cook for another minute, then serve with wholemeal couscous. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of couscous and check mustards are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.