Creamy mustard and leek chicken with wholemeal couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and very finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 5 teaspoons English mustard
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 400g white mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons (80g) Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, add leek and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft.
2 Add chicken and mustards to the pan, cook for around 5 minutes, allowing the chicken to lightly brown all over.
3 Meanwhile, just cover the couscous with boiling water in a bowl, cover and leave to soak.
4 Add the mushrooms to the chicken and cook for 2-3minutes, stirring from time to time. Add peas and 1/2 cup water and cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through.
5 Add Philadelphia light cream for cooking, cook for another minute, then serve with wholemeal couscous. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of couscous and check mustards are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like