Creamy mustard and leek chicken with wholemeal couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed and very finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 500g skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 5 teaspoons English mustard
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 400g white mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons (80g) Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
1 Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, add leek and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft.
2 Add chicken and mustards to the pan, cook for around 5 minutes, allowing the chicken to lightly brown all over.
3 Meanwhile, just cover the couscous with boiling water in a bowl, cover and leave to soak.
4 Add the mushrooms to the chicken and cook for 2-3minutes, stirring from time to time. Add peas and 1/2 cup water and cook for 8-10 minutes over a low heat until chicken is cooked through.
5 Add Philadelphia light cream for cooking, cook for another minute, then serve with wholemeal couscous. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of couscous and check mustards are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us