Pecan and chocolate sliceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 200g light condensed milk
- 100g gluten-free milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown rice flakes (We used Freedom Foods rice flakes with psyllium)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 200g dates, pitted, finely chopped
1 Heat oven to 180°C, and line a square cake tray (20.5cm x 20.5cm x 4.5cm) with non-stick baking paper.
2 In a small pan, melt spread and condensed milk over a low heat.
3 In a food processor or using a rolling pin, crush biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
4 In a large bowl, combine biscuits, pecans, brown rice flakes and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5 Add dates and condensed milk mixture. Combine.
6 Pour into baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
7 Leave to cool and slice into 20 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information