Peppery chickpea and potato curry
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 whole coriandercilantroX plant (including root), well washed, set aside 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, scrubbed, diced
- 300g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place peppercorns in a blender or mortar and pestle. Add garlic and coriander plant. Blend or pound to a paste. Add oil and mix well.
2 Transfer paste to a medium-sized non-stick pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in curry powder and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
3 Add potatoes, chickpeas and tomatoes. Stir so potatoes are coated with spice mixture then add coconut milk, water, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
Step4 Season to taste then garnish with extra coriander and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check curry powder is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.