Chicken and udon noodle soup
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, finely sliced
- 2 x 200g packets shelf-stable udon noodles (see tip)
- 450g bag coleslaw
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast fillets
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Set a medium saucepan with 2 cups water over high heat. Add chicken stock, garlic, chilli and noodles. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, or until noodles soften.
2 Meanwhile, place coleslaw, bok choy and chicken in 4 large, deep soup bowls. Divide noodles among bowls and ladle about 1 1/2 cups broth over each, then cover and leave to stand for 2 minutes to heat veges and chicken through.
3 Garnish chicken and noodle soup with coriander and extra chilli, if preferred, and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and noodles.
Shelf-stable foods are handy pantry staples. ‘Shelf stable’ just means food has been packaged in a way that keeps it fresh, without the need for refrigeration.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us