Chilli chicken fried rice
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli, trimmed, cut in small florets
- 300g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 Place a wok over a medium-high heat and add half the oil. Once hot, add eggs and swirl wok to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute or until set. Remove from wok and roll up tightly to form a long log. Slice thinly.
2 Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and chillies. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add broccoli and peas. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, adding a little water if necessary.
3 Add chicken, rice and soy sauce. Stir-fry until combined and heated through. Add omelette and toss gently to combine before serving.
- If you want to turn up the heat, don’t remove seeds from chillies.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like