Chilli chicken fried rice
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh long red chillies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli, trimmed, cut in small florets
- 300g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked white long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 Place a wok over a medium-high heat and add half the oil. Once hot, add eggs and swirl wok to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute or until set. Remove from wok and roll up tightly to form a long log. Slice thinly.
2 Add remaining oil to wok. Add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and chillies. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add broccoli and peas. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender-crisp, adding a little water if necessary.
3 Add chicken, rice and soy sauce. Stir-fry until combined and heated through. Add omelette and toss gently to combine before serving.
- If you want to turn up the heat, don’t remove seeds from chillies.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.