PLT sandwich with honey-mustard dressing
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 500g lean pork fillet
- 1 ½ cups green beans, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in 6cm lengths
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 small cos lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 small French bread sticks, halved, sliced open to insert filling
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and spray with oil. Cook pork, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice thickly.
2 Meanwhile, steam beans and asparagus for about 2 minutes or until tender-crisp. Refresh under cold water then drain.
3 To make honey-mustard dressing, combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Layer one-quarter of the lettuce, pork, tomatoes, beans and asparagus in each bread stick. Drizzle each sandwich with dressing to serve.
- Make it vegetarian: Replace pork with a vegetarian pattie.
- Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free. Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.