Pomegranate and buckwheat salad
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 2 teaspoon ras el hanout (see tip)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons extra to drizzle
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated
- 2 oranges, peeled, pith removed and sliced into circles
- large bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves picked
- small bunch fresh dill, fronds picked
- handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds bashed out
1 In a saucepan, cover the buckwheat with 1 2/3 cups water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5–8 min until most of the water has been absorbed. Drain the buckwheat in a sieve and rinse with cold water, then drain again. Tip the buckwheat into a bowl and mix in the ras el hanout, oil and some freshly ground black pepper. Mix in the carrots and oranges.
2 Put the parsley leaves on to a serving platter, then mix through with the buckwheat. Scatter with the dill, mint and pomegranate seeds and give another mix before serving. Add a light drizzle of olive oil to serve.
Ras el hanout is a spice blend usually cinnamon, cumin, coriander, allspice, black pepper, and ginger. Look for it in the spice aisle of your supermarket or in some specialty food stores.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.3g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 6.7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.