Nutty courgette ‘noodle’ bowl
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup finely sliced shallots
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, spiralised into noodles
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 red or orange capsicum, seeds removed and sliced thinly
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts ½ cup almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons each toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sriracha vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus 1 teaspoon sriracha)
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Cook quinoa following packet instructions.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add shallots and stir-fry until golden. Set aside.
3 Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork then divide among 4 bowls.
4 Arrange ‘noodles’, avocado, capsicum, pomegranate, alfalfa, nuts and seeds over quinoa.
5 Drizzle with sriracha vegannaise, top with cooked shallots and garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and sriracha are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 41g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.