Nutty courgette ‘noodle’ bowl
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup finely sliced shallots
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, spiralised into noodles
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 red or orange capsicum, seeds removed and sliced thinly
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts ½ cup almonds, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons each toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sriracha vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus 1 teaspoon sriracha)
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Cook quinoa following packet instructions.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add shallots and stir-fry until golden. Set aside.
3 Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork then divide among 4 bowls.
4 Arrange ‘noodles’, avocado, capsicum, pomegranate, alfalfa, nuts and seeds over quinoa.
5 Drizzle with sriracha vegannaise, top with cooked shallots and garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and sriracha are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 41g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us