Lamb, lentil and cherry tomato salad
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- oil spray
- 500g lamb leg steaks
- 8 tablespoons low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Combine lentils, tomatoes, parsley, lemon zest and juice.
2 Heat a barbecue hotplate to a medium heat. Spray steaks with oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Turn over to cook other side for 2 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer steaks to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
3 Thinly slice meat and toss through lentil salad. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
- Spoon lentil salad onto plates then top with sliced beef.
- Make it gluten free: Check Greek yoghurt is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us