Quick tomato and sausage stew
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-5 good quality sausages, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (flavoured if you prefer)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 425g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 Heat a wide pan over a medium-high heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add sausages and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
2 Add tomatoes, water, cumin and chilli (if using).Cook for 10-15 minutes until sausages are tender and cooked through.
3 Stir in chickpeas and peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us