Quick tomato and sausage stewReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- cooking spray oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-5 good quality sausages, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes (flavoured if you prefer)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 425g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1 Heat a wide pan over a medium-high heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add sausages and cook for 5-6 minutes until browned.
2 Add tomatoes, water, cumin and chilli (if using).Cook for 10-15 minutes until sausages are tender and cooked through.
3 Stir in chickpeas and peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information