Raspberry cassata loaf
Time to make: 3 hrs 15 mins , plus 2 hrs freezing
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g raspberries, partially frozen
- 300g plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried blackcurrants (we used Viberi)
- 25g dark chocolate, grated or in chocolate curls, to serve
- fresh raspberries and mint sprigs, to serve
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Place the raspberries and yoghurt in a blender and process until smooth. Stir in the syrup, the pistachios (reserving a tablespoon for decoration) and blackcurrants.
2 Spoon into a freezer-proof loaf tin and freeze until set. Remove from the freezer for 10 minutes before turning out.
3 Sprinkle with chocolate and pistachios. Decorate with fresh berries and mint.
Make it gluten free: Check chocolate is gluten free.
- If you’re not using frozen fruit, use the freshest possible.
- The ice cream can be made in an ice cream maker or by the more traditional method of part-freezing the mixture, whisking and returning it to the freezer. This creates a more velvety texture.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)