Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 5 cups chopped, uncooked rhubarb
- 5 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat spread suitable for baking
- 5 tablespoons trim milk
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon flour, for rolling
- 1-2 tablespoons icingfrostingX sugar, to dredge
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Cook rhubarb for a few minutes until tender. Place in a 4 cup-capacity ovenproof dish with sugar. Sprinkle with ground ginger. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2 To make cobbler, sieve flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in spread until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in milk and sugar to form a soft dough.
3 Knead lightly on a floured surface then roll out to 1cm thick. Cut out 12 pastry rounds using a 6cm scone cutter. Roll dough again if necessary.
4 Arrange in an overlapping pattern around the fruit. Bake for 25-30 minutes until rounds are puffed and lightly golden. Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us