Roast chicken salad with cranberry dressingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken meat*
- 200g mesclun mix
- 1 telegraph cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1 Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, pumpkin seeds and almonds and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until coloured.
2 Arrange this, plus all remaining ingredients on a large serving platter. Toss gently to combine.
3 Mix together all dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
4 Garnish with parsley and serve.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information