Roast chicken stew
Last updated date: 19 June 2019
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots or other root vegetables, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or tarragon
- 1.2 litres reduced-salt chicken stock
- 300g leftover lean roasted chicken, cut in thin strips
- 1 ¼ peas
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
1 Heat oil in a pan and cook onion until softened. Add carrots and herbs. Cook for 5 minutes.
2 Stir in stock. Cook for 10 more minutes.
3 Purée half the soup then return to pan with remaining soup. Add chicken and peas. Season to taste with pepper.
4 Heat through and serve with a swirl of yoghurt (if using) and garnish with fresh parsley.
This dish also works well with lean roast pork and sweetcorn.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and yoghurt are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.