Roasted fig, beetroot, walnut and goats’ cheese salad
Time to make: 45 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 medium-sized beetrootbeetsX, cut in 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 fresh figs, cut in quarters
- 2 slices wholegrain bread, torn in 2.5cm chunks
- 1/3 cup walnut halves
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- 60g goats’ cheese (Chevre) or feta cheese, crumbled
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a roasting dish with baking paper. Toss beetroot with half quantities of the oil, maple syrup and balsamic. Season with salt and pepper, place in roasting dish and roast for 20 minutes.
2 Toss the remaining oil, maple syrup and balsamic with onions and figs and place on roasting tray with beetroot. Continue to roast for 10-15 more minutes.
3 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and fry bread chunks for 3-4 minutes until light golden. Add walnuts to pan and toast for 1-2 minutes.
4 Just before serving, toss rocket leaves with beetroot, onions, figs, any roasting juices, toasted bread and walnuts. Divide among plates and crumble cheese on top.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us