Roasted fig, beetroot, walnut and goats’ cheese saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium-sized beetrootbeetsX, cut in 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 8 fresh figs, cut in quarters
- 2 slices wholegrain bread, torn in 2.5cm chunks
- ⅓ cup walnut halves
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- 60g goats’ cheese (Chevre) or feta cheese, crumbled
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a roasting dish with baking paper. Toss beetroot with half quantities of the oil, maple syrup and balsamic. Season with salt and pepper, place in roasting dish and roast for 20 minutes.
2 Toss the remaining oil, maple syrup and balsamic with onions and figs and place on roasting tray with beetroot. Continue to roast for 10-15 more minutes.
3 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and fry bread chunks for 3-4 minutes until light golden. Add walnuts to pan and toast for 1-2 minutes.
4 Just before serving, toss rocket leaves with beetroot, onions, figs, any roasting juices, toasted bread and walnuts. Divide among plates and crumble cheese on top.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information