Lemongrass chicken pasta salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 200g pasta (tortiglioni, penne or spirals)
- 1 ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh coriandercilantroX or fresh basil, roughly chopped, plus extra, to garnish
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- freshly ground black pepper
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Mix chicken with lemongrass paste, ginger, oil and lemon juice. Leave to marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
2 Pan-fry marinated chicken until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
3 Cook pasta until tender, almost draining, but keeping 4 tablespoons of cooking water (this stops the pasta from sticking). Transfer to a large bowl.
4 Add the remaining salad ingredients to the pasta. Toss to combine.
5 Break chicken into chunks and add to salad. Season with pepper. Serve warm or chilled, garnished with fresh herbs.
- You can use any shape of pasta with this salad but a chunky one such as tortiglioni adds great texture.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and check the lemongrass paste is gluten free.
When marinating chicken, use a non-metallic dish (to avoid a metallic taste). Cover and chill in the fridge. The longer the chicken is marinated, the more intense the flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.