Five-spice salmon with stir-fried veg
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 x 250g pack salmon loins (we used Regal)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 3 brown mushrooms, quartered if small, thinly sliced if large
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 x thumb-size piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- ½ long red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 bunch bok choy, quartered
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 pack ready-steamed brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, to serve
1 Heat half the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan set over a high heat. Coat salmon loins evenly in spice and add to wok. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until salmon surface is golden brown and fish is just starting to flake. Remove salmon from wok and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
2 Add remaining oil to wok with mushrooms, garlic, ginger and chilli (if using). Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is aromatic and mushrooms are soft. Add bok choy, snow peas and oyster sauce to wok with 2 tablespoons water (this will produce a little steam). Cook vegetables for 2 more minutes or until greens are bright and just tender.
3 Prepare rice according to packet directions. Divide brown rice among 2 bowls. Top rice with stir-fried vegetables and salmon. Scatter with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information