Spiced smoked fish on rice
Last updated date: 14 July 2020
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium smoked fish fillets (280g total), skinned (I used kippered hoki)
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 cups no added salt vegetable stock
1 Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan with curry powder. Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
2 Flake up fish in pan with a fork, then add Herby onion rice*. Mix well and heat for 5 minutes or until rice is heated through.
3 Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through parsley, then divide among 4 bowls. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- This recipe works well with prawns or salmon too; just poach them in the milk as for the fish.
- For something more substantial, serve with a poached egg.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.