Spiced smoked fish on rice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 medium smoked fish fillets (280g total), skinned (I used kippered hoki)
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 cups no added salt vegetable stock
1 Bring milk to a simmer in a large saucepan with curry powder. Add fish and simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
2 Flake up fish in pan with a fork, then add Herby onion rice*. Mix well and heat for 5 minutes or until rice is heated through.
3 Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through parsley, then divide among 4 bowls. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- This recipe works well with prawns or salmon too; just poach them in the milk as for the fish.
- For something more substantial, serve with a poached egg.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1.3g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like