Salmon and bean quesadillas
- spray oil
- 1 onion, sliced, or ½ onion and 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, or 1 capsicum
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can black beans in chilli sauce
- 200g smoked salmon, broken in bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 extra-light flour tortillas
1 Heat a non stick-frying pan with oil spray and cook onion. Add garlic (if using) and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes. Add beans and salmon. Heat through.
2 Remove from pan and set aside. Wash pan and spray with a little more oil. Add 1 tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and add some bean mixture to cover. Top with another tortilla to make a sandwich. Cook for 1 minute to allow tortilla to brown. Turn over and cook for another minute.
3 Repeat process with the remaining tortillas and filling. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
- Try this dish with canned beans, smoked chicken or tuna. The vegetables can be varied, too.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas.
Make sure you use a non-stick pan slightly larger than the tortillas to make turning easier.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like