Seafood and black bean stew
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 500g seafood marinara mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups steamed green beans (fresh or frozen) and courgette pieces, to serve
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough, to serve
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Gently fry onion and celery for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, black beans and 1 cup of water to pan, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add seafood mix and gently stir to combine. Simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes, or until seafood is just cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with greens and sourdough.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika and tomato paste are gluten free. Use gluten-free bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us