Seafood and black bean stew
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 500g seafood marinara mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups steamed green beans (fresh or frozen) and courgette pieces, to serve
- 4 slices toasted grainy sourdough, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Gently fry onion and celery for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add tomatoes, black beans and 1 cup of water to pan, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add seafood mix and gently stir to combine. Simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes, or until seafood is just cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with greens and sourdough.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika and tomato paste are gluten free. Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us