Seafood skewers with lentil salad
(at time of publication)
- 8 wooden skewers, presoaked in cold water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 1 lemon, ¼ cup juice
- 1 ½ cups liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- ¼ cup currants
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- ½ cup chopped fresh coiander
- 500g white fish fillets, cut in 3cm pieces
- 300g peeled raw prawns
- oil spray
- 3 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
1 To make lentil salad, heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Add spring onions and celery. Cook over a low heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Add cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils and lemon juice. Stir for 1-2 minutes until juice evaporates.
2 Add stock and currants. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool then fold through courgettes and coriander.
3 Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or barbecue to high. Thread fish and prawns onto skewers and spray with oil. Place asparagus and skewers on grill and cook for 6 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve lentil salad with skewers and asparagus.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information