Smoky beef and vege fajitas with avocado salsa
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 2 x 200g beef fillet steaks, fat trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large, flat mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 capsicums (1 red and 1 yellow), thickly sliced
- 8 mini corn sweetcornXtortillas (or 4 standard)
- lime wedges, to serve
- Finely chop a quarter of the onion and half of the coriander. Mix in a bowl with avocado and tomato. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray beef with olive oil. In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, paprika and oregano, and sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cut remaining onion into thin wedges. Grill onion, mushrooms and capsicums for 7–8 minutes, or until charred and tender. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Grill beef for 3–4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a small plate. Cover with foil for 5 minutes to rest, before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, in a hot pan heat tortillas until warmed through. Serve tortillas topped with the capsicum mixture, beef, salsa, remaining coriander and lime.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas and check ground spices are gluten free.
Marinated, uncooked beef is suitable to freeze.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us