Seared tuna with soba-noodle salad
Time to make: 16 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g dried soba noodles
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-sized carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons rice bran oil
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 4 x 150g tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to serve
- oil spray
- 3 cups cooked broccoli
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain again then transfer to a large bowl. Add onions, carrots, bok choy and blended sesame oil and vinegar to bowl. Toss to combine.
2 Meanwhile, combine oil, soy sauce and wasabi in a shallow dish. Add tuna and turn to coat. Sprinkle tuna with coriander. Spray a chargrill pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook tuna for 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest tuna for 1 minute then slice.
3 Serve sliced tuna on noodles, sprinkled with coriander. Serve with broccoli.
- Try soba noodles with chicken, beef or pork (cooking times will vary).
- Like it hot? Add an extra teaspoon of wasabi.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and soy sauce. Check dressing is gluten free.